Cecebe Waterways Annual Regatta
The annual CWA Regatta is a family friendly, fun event with a range of activities for all ages. It takes place every year on the Saturday and Sunday of the Civic holiday weekend. Recent years have seen upwards of 350 eager regatta participants and 95 hard working volunteers to make it happen. Saturday events include a long distance canoe and long distance kayak race, a sailing race and the highly competitive triathlon event. Early Sunday morning there is also a long distance swim race on the Lake. Sunday mornings begin at 10am at the Magnetawan Park and include land races, shoe toss, cardboard boat races, a sand castle building event, swim and canoe races and the day always finishes with a highly prized egg toss event.
Trophies and prizes are awarded each year to encourage participation no matter one’s level of competence, and at the same time to recognize some very accomplished athletes in our lake community. Every year the world famous CWA hotdog stand sets up in the Park and volunteers serve with generous patience and good humour. Safety is given priority at the Regatta and to that end a life guard is on duty and/or volunteer staffed safety boats are at all waterfront events. As well a first aid person is on duty at the park to treat minor injuries and to advise on necessary injury follow up.
The Regatta has a significant infra structure developed over many years of volunteer leaders. All documentation, forms and leadership positions are available on paper to ensure that this yearly event is sustainable for years to come. If you are interested in volunteering or require further information please be in touch with Joan Wyatt, email@example.com.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate!
- All participants and volunteers must sign an INDIVIDUAL WAIVER and get a Hand Stamp
- All participants under 18yrs must have a parent or legal guardian sign their waiver
- Advance sign up for waivers and all Saturday and Sunday non-park events are available ONLINE HERE. Waivers are available at each event, except Triathlon
- Trans persons compete in Regatta events in their self-identified gender category
- All participants under age 18 are required to wear a life jacket for all water craft events
- All participants in the cardboard boat race must wear life jackets
- All participating water craft must have regulation safety equipment
TRIATHLON: ADVANCE INDIVIDUAL WAIVERS & ADVANCE TEAM SIGN UP is MANDATORY
Minimum age is 9 years by July 1st 2020. No flotation devices are permitted for swimmers. Only CWA members and their guests are permitted to enter; maximum of one guest per team. Entry is restricted to 25 teams (sign up early!)